- December 2016 – Mythical River named top pick for Southwest Books of the Year, and Under Desert Skies nominated. See the full list or read an article here.
- Summer/Fall 2016 – Orion magazine reviews Mythical River
- September 2016 – Under Desert Skies is a finalist for the 2016 New Mexico/Arizona Book Awards, in the history category.
- September 2016 – I discuss LPL’s history in the new documentary, OSIRIS-REx: Countdown to Launch, by Arizona Public Media.
- July 13, 2016 – The Flinn Foundation features my career and new books in this article.
- June 10, 2016 – KNAU interviews me about Mythical River. Listen here.
- June 2, 2016 – Tucson Weekly publishes an excerpt of Under Desert Skies as its cover story. Read it here.
- May 18, 2016 – Daniel Stolte of UA Communications publishes interview about Under Desert Skies: The Book on the Birthplace of Planetary Science
- May 13, 2016 – NPR’s Here and Now plays my story on building a better bionic leg
- May 4, 2016 – Sara Hammond of Arizona Public Media reports on Under Desert Skies: Book Chronicles History of Planetary Science in Tucson
- May 2, 2016 – Jeff Foust reviews Under Desert Skies in The Space Review
- May 1, 2016 – Fresh Fiction reviews Mythical River
- April 30, 2016 – Edible Baja article A River’s Return wins first place for environmental/science writing from the Arizona Press Club
- April 25, 2016 – UA Special Collections hosts panel on Under Desert Skies. Watch the video.
- April 2016 – Video features Under Desert Skies (scroll down to watch)
- April 2016 – The National Association of Science Writers features Mythical River and Under Desert Skies in their April issue
- March 9, 2016 – Tom Beal reports on Under Desert Skies and The Sonoran Desert: A Literary Field Guide for the Arizona Daily Star: Science City at the Festival of Books
Video: Under Desert Skies